Saturday, December 31, 2011

4. Who would be the audience for your media product? How did you address/attract your audience?

Contrary to my initial magazine, I feel that with the strong focus on indie style and music in my resubmitted magazine, as well as the layout of it, it would appeal much more to a younger audience ranging from mid-teens to late twenties, instead of simply being a music magazine for a broad age range of people who were interested in up and coming music. This therefore means that, as the target audience is smaller, I was able to address and appeal to it more by giving my double page spread interview a less serious tone, which is the norm in interviews in NME Magazine. The light tone makes the interview easier to read, as well as being amusing and appealing to a youthful audience. However, I have tried to balance it out by addressing more serious issues such as illegally downloading music; this is a very current and talked about issue, which is frequently debated over by bands and music lovers. Including this in my interview will appeal to my target audience, who will be interested to know my double page spread artist’s opinion on the issue, as well as giving them more information about it. The fact that many artists don’t earn a lot of money is something that I was made aware of through reading a lot of music magazines myself, and something that artists tend to address; recognising this in my double page spread interview makes the target audience aware of this, which might encourage them not to download music illegally in order to support the artists whose music they listen to.
Furthermore, the bright colours and fun, quirkiness of my magazine (such as the props used in the photoshoot and the answers in the interview) give off a very youthful vibe, and might be thought of as too young for an older audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment