Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mock-up of my magazine

Here are the mock-ups/recce shots of my front cover, contents page and double page spread.



This is the mock-up of what will be my magazine front cover; I'm hoping to achieve a cover that will look striking and stand out, which will be contributed to by the image itself and the fact that I aim to not over-clutter the page. However, as you can see from the mock-up I will still include the eye-catching information regarding the contents of the magazine, such as headlines, pictures and quotations so as to grab people's attention. I have yet to do the photoshoot for my magazine, but I will try to stick to the guideline of the picture on the left (which abides by the rule of thirds) in which the figure is in a casual position that still resembles a "pose."
The props I will require are firstly a guitar, which somebody has already agreed to lend me, and secondly an apple which will match the colour of the model's coat.



So far, I envisage that the contents page will be quite simple so that it will appear striking, and all the information will be easily accessible. At this stage I can't be certain about the exact layout or what it will include, but I have made a survey regarding this, as well as the contents and layout of my double-page spread.



The layout of the double page spread will consist of a page featuring an article on the right-hand side, and a picture relating to the article on the left-hand side, with a quotation from the article to the side of the image. This is often the traditional layout of double page spreads, which will help mine to look as professional as possible. Again, I will decide on the exact contents and layout of my double page spread, such as what type of article to include, once I have made and received feedback from a survey regarding this.

No comments:

Post a Comment